Things are getting more and more exciting around here by the minute! Within the last week or so, Emmy just decided it was time to start scooting around, sometimes legitimately crawling, feeding herself her own bottle, sitting up all on her own, going from sitting to crawling, mimicking a whole lot more of what we say and do, and much, much more! Life has been full over here, and we are just overjoyed to have this precious life unfolding before our eyes!!
In other news, Emmy also had an unexpected court date on Monday at which we found out that she will begin visiting with her maternal grandparents every other week for 2 hours. Most likely, these visits will be in the evening, because of work schedules. Are you ready for this visitation schedule? They will most likely pick Emmy up at our house around 5pm, she'll have visitation from 6pm-8pm, and they'll bring her home at 9pm. Could any idea be worse than this?? Haha...I'm not so sure! But it's potentially the only thing that will work out. We'll see! All-in-all, we're trying to look at the positives. After speaking with everyone involved with the case, I do think that these visits will be a good thing for both Emmy and her grandparents. My husband and I will so enjoy any opportunity we have to be Christ's hands and feet for them. AND...looks like we'll have a nice date night to look forward to every other week! Please pray that the Lord's hand is on these visitation times.
- Pray that my husband and I will communicate well with these people, and that they would be comforted to know that Emmy is being loved and well cared for.
- Pray that Emmy would be a trooper as usual and not too rattled by these potential late-night visits.
- Also, if you know Emmy, you know that she process situations very deeply. She usually does great in new situations, but she very seriously examines things before she lets loose. Looking back on our difficult first weeks together, I think she was very aware and troubled by the circumstances surrounding her transfer to our home. She easily picked up on the emotion circling around her. I just think she internalizes things deeply, and I would appreciate your prayers for her as she makes sense of whatever emotion her grandparents bring to the table. Pray that the Lord would give her a spirit of peace no matter how strange this situation might feel to her at first. (I hope that makes sense to anyone other than me!)
- Pray that these visits will provide clarity for Emmy's grandparents regarding their own potential for adoption. Pray that they would be moved toward a firm decision and would have peace in that decision.
- Pray that my husband and I would take full advantage of these hours we will have every other week to invest in each other. Pray that we will not squander those moments - that we would use those times to grow closer together and that the Lord would use that time to bring us closer to a clear decision about what our future holds with Emmy.