On a lighter note, however, I wanted to update everyone on the state of affairs upstairs while getting ready to get our nursery together. In order to convert the current guest room into a nursery, we needed to convert our current junk room into a guest room. My husband's sister had the genius idea of painting both rooms the same color. That way, in the future, these rooms can be interchangeable as needed...nursery to a guest room...guest room to a child's room...guest room to a nursery...etc. Here is a before shot of what is now the guest room:
Obviously, we had some things to get rid of. Most of it went to the attic. The drums, we sold on Craigslist. Then, it was time to pick a paint color. We bought 2 samples from Sherwin Williams and were less that impressed with either of them. For the sake of being cheap, we decided to start combining paint and creating our own color. These were the many different shades we went through. Keep in mind that none of these colors look quite right in these photos.
Finally, we decided to go with the color in the middle of this picture, so we painted a stir stick, went down to Sherwin Williams, and had them match the color.
There were actually several days between the previous step and the next, but the need-to-know information is that we painted all of the trim with 2 coats of primer and a coat of trim paint, painted the ceiling, installed a ceiling fan, and painted our color creation that we named "Serene Green" on the walls.
We absolutely love it and can't wait to get started on the nursery next!