Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Prayers needed...

We got an unexpected phone call today from the foster care agency. The message I received said, "Hi Mrs. __________. I was calling to present a placement to you. Please give me a call when you get this."

My husband and I and I laughed again, because this is not the first time they have mentioned a placement before our previously set date. However, to be polite, I returned the call this evening and was surprised to hear the details of the placement.

The child they have in mind is a five-year-old caucasian boy who has been in foster care since August. He is apparantly very intelligent, loves to read, and is a "delight" to his current foster parents. They, however, have a family member who needs to move in with them, so they are searching for a new home for this child. He's in pre-K during the day, and they won't need a permanent placement until the end of February/beginning of March. They anticipate that the placement will be short and that he will likely return home before August.

As you can imagine, my husband and I have a million thoughts to filter through. We're supposed to give an answer tomorrow morning. Please pray for clarity in this decision-making process. I love God's sense of humor...taking us right outside of our comfort zone so that we have no choice but to turn to Him. No clear-cut scenarios...oh no...that would be too easy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment