Thursday, September 8, 2011

Another Call to Prayer


OK...so I know it may seem like we're beating a dead horse by asking for the exact same prayer over and over, but we take our example from the persistent widow in Luke 18:1-8. The truth of the matter is that my husband and I are not quite sure what to expect in response to our plea to God to know His will and walk in it as it pertains to Emmy's adoption. We don't know how the Lord is going to show up and reveal that answer to us. There have been times in our lives when He has given us the miraculous writing on the wall, so to speak. When we made the decision to become foster parents, the response to our prayers was crystal clear and nothing short of a miracle. However, there have been other times in our lives when our steps of obedience have been much more difficult to discern. We do not know what kind of story the Lord is writing this time, but we continue to wait patiently on the Lord for His direction and guidance. As we do so, we are increasingly made aware of the need to make a decision and communicate to the appropriate people.


Today, we had yet another (seemingly more urgent) reminder that this decision needs to be made. We have no doubt in our minds that the Lord is going to guide this decision. Our lack of faith, however, causes us to desire  another "writing on the wall" experience of confirmation. We may not get that. We may, but we may not. What we need to share here is that next Tuesday, Emmy's case worker will be bringing papers for my husband and I to sign, declaring our intent to adopt Emmy.


Please join us as we pray fervently for the following things:

  • "I will take my stand at my watchpost and station myself on the tower, and look out to see what he will say to me" - Habakkuk 2:1Pray that my husband and I would keep our eyes fixed on Him this weekend - that we would be eagerly looking for the answer to these prayers.
  • "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." - 2 Corinthians 10:5; Pray that we would take captive every thought we have in this process and make those thoughts obedient to Christ - that this would be a decision led not by logic or reason, but by the Holy Spirit alone.
  • "...for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control" - 2 Timothy 1:7Like I have said before, please pray that we would submit to His sovereignty in all things. Whichever road He leads us down will be one that is uncertain and a bit frightening to behold. Help us not to be motivated at all by fear or worry, which is doubting Christ. Instead pray that we would rest in the knowledge that He goes before us - opening and closing doors and preparing a home and a family for Emmy - and He walks with us, providing peace, strength, and comfort in generous supply.
  • "What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ." - Philippians 3:8; "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." - Matthew 6:33; Above all, please pray that we would seek a deeper knowledge of Jesus Christ.

"For still the vision awaits its appointed time; 
it hastens to the end—it will not lie. 
If it seems slow, wait for it; 
it will surely come; it will not delay." 
Habakkuk 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment