Thursday, June 14, 2012

They're back!!

Well, the boys are back, and no one is more shocked or surprised than we are. I don't have long to post, so I won't be able to give you much of a window into my emotion right now, but I'll do my best in a few words. To say I cried when I found out would be the understatement of the century. I almost had a full-blown panic attack. We're talking uncontrollable sobbing, indecipherable speech, and near hyperventilating...haha! In one huge rush, everything came flooding into my brain... Our house was a wreck with several home projects still in the works. Ricky's back is still very touch and go I had to plan and teach a class this morning with the boys in child care again...yikes! The crib needed to move There was an extra mattress sitting in K-man's room. We had no food. My parents are coming to visit this weekend. Add that and more on top of my broken heart upon hearing this emotionally charged news - not knowing what had reslly happened to my precious boys, and I found myself wanting to close this door, forget it ever happened, and just proceed with the somewhat self-centered life I had been able to lead for the past 2 months. That being said, however, I knew the second I got the call that we had to take them back. To say that God has sustained us would also be a huge understatement. I woke up early this morning and practically ripped open the pages of my Bible. Not really knowing where to begin, I started with the first chapter of the book of James, because i'm in a Bible study on James all summer. I read James 1:1-18 and was, once again, speechless at the love of my savior, Jesus Christ. I am so tempted to think that i have somehow reached my quota of trials and paid my dues, but James tells me that I need to let steadfastness have it's full effect, and so I press on...in His strength. By the end of tonight, after the boys came to us late last night, it almost feels like they never left. Praise the Lord who is a Father to the fatherless and let's us join in this wild ride with Him.

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!!! I've never had any come back, although 2 separate cases only sent the kids home on a "trial". How blessed the boys are to be able to go back to the same home! Dying to know what happened, though, as I'm sure you are! Best wishes for you all as you readjust :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, honey! I am praying for you all, too. I'm sad to hear of more upheaval for the boys, but glad they're back with you! James has been my go-to book for fostering! That and Philippians 4:6-7.

    ReplyDelete