Monday, January 14, 2013

:::Sigh::: Court

Where do I even begin? We had court today. It was the first time since October. I was praying, mostly, about my interaction with their mother, but she was not actually waiting in the same waiting room that we were. I should have guessed that they would bring inmates in through a different route, but I didn't guess that at all. I was able to get a handful of pictures to her, but mostly, we just endured the awkwardness of the courtroom drama.

My husband, myself, and our case manager, were seated on the left behind DFACS. She and her family were seated on the right. And the battle began, and it was a discouraging one.

They called our DFACS case manager to the stand and began to grill her hard. She had no documents, no files, no paperwork. No, she had a piece of torn-out notebook paper with a few scribbles.

When did you contact mom to notify her of ___________? Um....I'm thinking that might have been November or December

What grades are the boys in? Um............I think 2nd, no 3rd...I'm not sure
And what is the name of the school where they attend? Uh.....I think it's Sams...no Sims...no SMS...is it?

And on and on it went. It never got any better.

Mom's attorney made several allegations that were completely untrue. DFACS case manager said things that were not accurate. And there we sat, dumbfounded and discouraged, once again, to see those in whose hands our boys' future lies. having put very little effort into defending their case. But we know that's not true. We know that, though they think they hold the future, they do not. I was comforted as I sat in the court room by these words, and I repeated them to myself over and over.


"The wicked plots against the righteous and gnashes his teeth at him, 
but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he sees that his day is coming."
Psalm 37:12

I don't know how this will end, but I do know that the Lord will laugh in the end. He will have the final word. Whether it be at a time when I can see it or not. Whether it be how I would like it or not. I know His perfect plan will prevail. No amount of negligence or incompetence will be able to thwart His ultimate plan.

That being said, I do, also, want to plead with anyone reading this blog who has any legal expertise. Please find a way to work for justice on behalf of America's orphans in foster care! There is a desperate need! If you need suggestions, I have plenty! These kids need you.

Before I close this out, I'll give you one more visual and prayer request. They announced in court today news that was pretty devastating to their mother. She ended up leaving the court room in tears. The news they announced was somewhat connected to my husband and I, so I'm praying that even tonight, as she is lying on her pillow, that the Lord would continue to soften her heart to me. I pray that this will not be an insurmountable blow to our relationship. I pray that His grace would go before me and continue to forge a loving relationship where there has no business being. Only God could have bridged this gap thus far. I pray He will continue to do so.

I also ask you to pray for the coming weeks. Their mother may be getting out of jail soon, which would make our lives look much different, but more importantly, it would make her life look much different. We're trying to find a way to present housing options at local Christian shelters with solid reputations and track records. Pray that the Lord might make a way there and give us the wisdom to know how to present it.

No comments:

Post a Comment