Saturday, March 24, 2012

Court Monday

Here we go again! We've reached our 30 day mark, and we couldn't be in a much different place than we were last month. Days are mostly sweet. Life is fairly stable (aside from an excessive amount of sickness). I am back to enjoying these boys immensely, so my heart hurts a good bit as I think of them leaving my home and my life forever.

Please, please pray for all involved on Monday. Biological mom is 100% convinced that the boys are going home Monday, and she told all of them that prediction this afternoon at their visit. The DFACS case manager thinks quite the opposite. I have no idea what to expect. Just pray, similar to last time, that the Lord's will be done, and that we have time to give K-man and B-boy a smooth transition, if that's what it comes to. Pray that my husband and I are able to manage and work through our own emotions so as not to further distress the boys. Just pray that we would glorify God in everything that occurs over the next several days.

A sweet story to leave you with as I close...this evening we where in the car on our way to a family dinner honoring my sister-in-law's 30th birthday. K-man asked if there would be birthday cake and then began talking about my nephew's birthday party, which we attended on the second day the boys were living with us...4 long months ago! All of a sudden, K-man surprised me and started to say, very seriously, "Mrs. E, do you remember I didn't even know C then, and I didn't know Mrs. E or Mr. R or (and he named several others...)." Then, he paused briefly and said, "I didn't even know Jesus." I had to bite my cheek to hold back tears...reflecting on the sweet truth of that statement and the indescribable fruit we have seen these past 4 months...wow!

I don't know how Monday will end, but I sense the Lord providing sweet moments like these recently, perhaps to prepare my heart to rest in His sovereignty in these precious lives that have become so very dear to me. Please pray for us as either decision will be difficult in different ways. I will be anxious to post an update sometime Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I hope that you can rest in that...the knowledge that now they know Jesus, that you will be their prayer parents for life, that they are forever changed for having known this love.

    ReplyDelete