Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What We Miss About B-boy

  • His crooked smile
  • His chipmunk laugh
  • Noise...constant noise
  • squeals of delight!
  • This was mostly annoying at the time, but I look back on it and just laugh. He never learned to roll from his back to his stomach, so I just remember how it got to the point where I could tell by the tone of his voice whether he was on his back or not. He would be absolutely giddy for a little while, but I knew that it would only be a matter of time before he would cry out in despair because he was stuck on his back like a turtle...ridiculous.
  • When he had only learned to crawl backwards, he would get himself stuck in corners or half-way underneath chairs. Poor guy, but he gave us lots of laughs.
  • Watching him with Layla. Those two were the best of friends, and B-boy could do just about anything to Layla...she just liked having him close.
  • His strength! From day one, that boy had muscles of steel.
  • The way he would squeal with delight anytime K-man gave him some attention. It was a reaction he didn't give to anyone else.
  • That full-faced grin that crept out from behind his pacifier.
  • The hair...the Don King hair
  • Bath time was not a big hit for a while, but once he could sit up and splash, it was such a fun time, and in the end, when the two boys were in the bath together...those were some of our sweetest moments. So loud! ...So wet! So fun!
  • watching him learn to scoot, crawl, stand...can't say it enough, I don't think there is anything better than watching kids learn and develop before your eyes!
  • 2 hour play time in the crib around midnight most nights.
  • The rattle of the crib heard all over the house. He would turn sideways, put his feet on the side rails and just rock back and forth and laugh :)
B-boy baby, I have to "ditto" most of what we said for your brother. We miss you like crazy, little man, and our home is not the same without you. Everyone who met you quickly adored you, and it's easy to see why. You were just about the happiest kid we've ever known. We pray you will grow to turn that happiness into elated joy over the truth of the gospel. We pray that you will grow to honor your mother and obey her. We pray that you will continue to have strong leadership in your brothers. We pray that the Lord will use your optimism for the sake of His kingdom...that it would help you and those around you to cope during difficult times. He certainly used you in that way in our home. When the going got rough around here, there was always B-boy to lighten the mood and break the ice. Trust in Jesus, B-boy...and lean not on your own understanding. Realize quickly that the things of this world, though they may bring temporary happiness, they are not the source of real joy. Realize these things, repent, and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ. We will not stop hoping in the Lord for these things.

"The Lord bless you and keep you; 
the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; 
the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

2 comments:

  1. I started at the beginning (2010) and read through every single post of your blog today. Thank you for writing about the journey of fostering from day 1. Thank you for writing honestly about the hard parts, both with the kids, the system, the birth parents.... all of it. Thank you for pointing constantly to God throughout. Mostly, thank you for answering so many questions that I've had about fostering. I sense God putting fostering heavy on my heart. I'm not praying for my husband to get the same message or for God to show me if I am wrong. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I am so grateful that our highly imperfect journey has been a blessing in some way. I've been studying 2 Corinthians 1:3-11 recently and have been convicted, more than ever, of our need to suffer transparently in front of one another in the family of faith! My trials are intended to encourage others in the church, and they cannot unless I am transparent. Your comment has made this all the more real to me. I hope you will be encouraged by my honesty...mostly because the Lord has been the source of all strength and comfort. I'll be praying for you. Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete