Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wondering what the future holds...

Since I last updated everyone, we received news that the potential family placement for Emmy has seemingly fallen through. The family member came to the courthouse to begin paperwork but left without doing so. The case worker tells me that this likely means that he will not proceed. What this means for Emmy, we do not know. What this means for us, we do not know. We are not allowing ourselves to entertain any ideas about what the future might hold. I don't even have confidence in typing the words here to share what we are praying about. I'm sure you can read between the lines and join us in praying for Emmy's uncertain future and our role in that, whatever it may be.

As far as life at home is concerned...yes, it is crazy...no, it is not always fun, but I would say it is mostly fun and mostly enjoyable. I have a couple of sweet friends who are in middle school now but were in elementary school when I was working in children's ministry at our church. They come and spend several hours with me and my little family every few days, and it's such a tremendous blessing. They love to interact with Emmy. They're great at making Layla behave. It just lightens my load, and I adore our sweet conversations each time they visit. Let it be a note to each of you...visitors are welcome anytime at our house! The more, the merrier!

Sometimes my husband and I just sit back and laugh at the whirlwind of activity around us. The good news is that we thrive on this kind of energy. The other good news is that I am convinced that this builds patience in each of us that will certainly come in handy as life goes on. At the end of the day, everyone sleeps soundly and wakes up happy, so what reason do we have to complain?

Please join us in praying these words in the coming days, weeks, months, possibly years:

"For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. 
He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice and equity and every good course."
Proverbs 2:6-9

May the Lord prove faithful to that promise as we attempt to discern His will for our lives.

Emmy and I will be attending a review panel for her case on Monday at 10am. Everyone who is involved in her case will be there, including Emmy's mom if she is well enough to attend. Please cover that morning with prayer for all of us:
  • Pray that Minnie and I would have the words to say and the countenance of Christ when we meet Emmy's mom.
  • Pray that Emmy's mom will, indeed, be well enough to attend.
  • Pray that Emmy's interaction with her mom will be positive.
  • Pray for wisdom for the judge, attorneys, and case workers as they review this case and determine what the future might hold. 
  • Pray that the Holy Spirit would go before us and protect this little one, whatever that might mean for her.
  • Logistically, pray that Emmy will be in good spirits during the panel. If she is fussy, I will likely have to step out with her, and I really want to be in the room to hear all that is said.
Thank you all again and again for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for y'all! Love that you're keeping us updated this way. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete