Friday, June 24, 2011

Big Changes

Life has felt much like a three-ring circus over here for the last 2 weeks. My husband and I have never raised a puppy this young, so I'm not sure we quite knew what we were getting into. We studied hard before Layla arrived, and we thought we had all of our ducks in a row, but much like babies...every dog is different, and we've had a lot of learning and adjusting to do along the way. Today, however, I feel much more in control than I have in a while, so things are looking up!

Enough about the dog...I have some significant updates to share about Emmy as well. Emmy has been growing and maturing more quickly these last couple of weeks than ever! She seems more like a kid and less like a baby every day, and we're having lots of fun! She rolls over like it's nothing these days. She giggles. She smiles. She "sings." She pats me on the shoulder. She wants to stand on my lap ALL the time. She's beginning to seem much more like Zizi than Miss M, and I know it's only a matter of time before she keeps me just as busy as Zizi did each day!

It's been a unique experience having Emmy around. Since the beginning, the situation has been very hush-hush. Since she isn't visiting with anyone, Emmy has felt much more like a permanent fixture in our lives. We have prayed through it regularly, however, and have really never allowed ourselves to entertain the idea that we might be given the opportunity to be a permanent home for this little one. Thank the Lord that He has guarded our hearts in this way, because we got word at the end of last week that a relative has come forward and offered to accept Emmy into his home. It's all very sudden and very peculiar after the information we've been receiving over the past 2 months. However, we are preparing ourselves for the possibility that Emmy may not be with us much longer.


  • Please pray over the home study process for this family member. Pray that the case workers would be thorough and discerning. We want Emmy to be with family, but more importantly, we want her to be safe and stable in her permanent home.
  • Pray for my husband and I as we cope with the stress of our hectic life coupled with the emotion that is sure to come over the next month or two as we prepare to receive the news about Emmy's permanent placement.
  • Pray that my husband and I will be able to carve out time to spend together and to give each other our undivided attention for a while.
  • Pray that Layla won't pull my attention away from Emmy too badly. This has really been a struggle the past few days, but today is far better.
  • Emmy has a couple of important doctor's appointments on Monday and Wednesday of this week. Pray that all reports are positive!
  • Continue to pray for Emmy's mom - her health, her faith, her support system, and her safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment