Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oh How He Loves Us

"And we know that in all things God works 
for the good of those who love him, 
who have been called according to his purpose." 
Romans 8:28

I have cried more tears over the past few weeks than I can remember crying in quite some time. Many of you have witnessed this as I have struggled to hold it together in the hall, at the park, or on the phone. Thanks for being my shoulders to cry on!

The tears originally stemmed from shock and disbelief. Then, they stemmed from fear of the unknown. They were angry tears for a little while, but today, I finally have tears of joy.

Allow me to give you a timeline of how the end of our week went:

On Wednesday, a sweet couple who we did not yet know lost their only pet, their pet hamster. 

On Thursday morning, that couple decided they might want to adopt a dog. 

On Thursday afternoon, my husband and I finally broke down and sent e-mails and posted fliers to find a home for Peanut. We had sent several e-mails and Facebook messages through friends and family, but we figured it was about time to do some advertising of our own.

On Thursday evening, my husband and I (foolishly) decided to go visit a dog we had found on PetFinder.com. We know we're crazy. If you're a dog lover, you understand! It just doesn't quite feel like home without a dog curled up at our feet!

As we got in the car on Thursday evening, we received a message from the aforementioned sweet couple who said they were interested in meeting Peanut.

They came Saturday and took Peanut home today (Sunday).

We couldn't be happier with Peanut's new home, but we are understandably sad about the hole that it leaves in ours. More than anything, we are thankful that we serve a God who cares about us so deeply - even the silly things in life that others might see as insignificant. Our dog was important to us, and the Lord was so faithful to hear our prayers and provide exactly what we needed. 

When I spoke with the lady from one rescue agency, she was blown away that we had found a home so quickly. What a sweet opportunity that was to boast in the Lord.

Thank you for praying with us. Be encouraged that the Lord loves you more than you could ever imagine. Of this we can be sure.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you were able to find a home for your precious dog so quickly. praying for comfort and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so my comment for this post went under the previous post. Sorry - too much chlorine today!

    Katy

    ReplyDelete