Thursday, January 20, 2011

Keep.Moving.Forward.

...as borrowed from one of our favorite films, "Meet the Robinsons," which we discovered all over again during the snow weekend.

This week has been somewhat of a whirlwind. On Monday, we got a phone call from the case worker who did our home study, which I will paraphrase:

"I wanted to call and let you guys know that we're going to need a picture of you and your dog as well as a picture of the child's room. It's ok if it's not set up. Then, if you'll get the other paperwork to us this week and get your medical exams done this week, you could potentially have a child in your home by Sunday or Monday."

Sunday?!?!  Haha...training ends Sunday!! Needless to say, we had to take a deep breath and let the agency know to put on the breaks a little bit. Later that night, I had a slight nightmare that we were given a child before our home was ready. We had no crib, no bottles, no diapers...we didn't even know the age of the child. It was an interesting dream from which I was thrilled to awaken.

We did schedule our medical exams, and we have completed all of our other paperwork (except for the autobiography...we're kind of waiting until they say we HAVE to do that...hoping they will forget). We also got a miraculous call from someone who wants to come tomorrow and pay the full price we asked for my husband's drum set. What a blessing! My husband also found out this week that he passed his certification exam, which is a tremendous answer to prayer. Things are just all falling into place, and we're starting to get really excited.

My boss shared with me that she's going to start posting my job, which was a bittersweet moment for me. I know 100% that this is a decision I want to make, but it still marks the end of an era for me, and the reality of it is setting in more with every step we take.

IMPACT training begins tomorrow, so I am sure I will have more updates soon. I feel certain that our eyes will be open to many more unexpected realities of our coming adventure, but we will cling to the promise that we won't walk this path alone. Those obstacles that seem insurmountable are but grains of sand for the Creator of the universe.

I'll post updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment