Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow!!!

So, I went to the doctor yesterday and found out that I have a sinus infection and potentially strep throat. They didn't feel the need to test for it, since the antibiotics would be the same either way. I was hoping for a wonderful evening yesterday once I got the medicine in my system, but it just didn't happen. Maybe tonight! Either way...I'm on the upswing!

More importantly, take a look at what I woke up to this morning:


If you're not from the south, then this won't mean a thing to you. If you are from the south, you will understand that a snow day is a most rare and magical occurrence!! It is a day when time stands still. I have spent the entire day with my husband with no agenda. We will probably do the same tomorrow and possibly the next day, and the best news is that everyone else is doing the same. We're not falling behind at work, because time has literally stopped in our town until this white stuff dissipates.

In my last post, I said that if I was to craft the perfect attack on my spirit, I would give myself a month's worth of illness. Now, I will say that if I was to craft the perfect remedy, I think a snow day might have been just the ticket. Thank you, Lord, for this sweet blessing.

My last little update is that we now have a date for IMPACT training AND a date for our first home visit. Our home visit is next Sunday, so from now until then, we have a lot of work we need to get done around here (including that 36-page packet...yikes!) It's a little frightening the way they are getting us through this process so quickly, but I appreciate it. I'm thrilled to know that it will be sooner rather than later when we will be ready to accept a child into our home. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment