Thursday, January 12, 2012

I stand amazed.

Thank you all for praying. I cannot say it enough. I have so few words today...I'm utterly speechless. K-man woke up happy, as usual, this morning, and we went over what we were going to do over and over and over...

"We're going to brush our teeth, get dressed, eat breakfast, get in the car, drive to the big church, check in at the computer, go say hi to the fish, you'll go to your class, I'll go to my class, B-boy will go to his class, and after no time-outs in class, we'll get in our car and go to the library, come home, eat lunch, and make some cookies to take to our friend who is hurt!"

K-man LOVES these kinds of step-by-step explanations of the day. He'll recite them over and over.

We got to the church, and the computer wasn't quite ready for us, so I filled out forms for each of the boys while K-man said hi to the fish and proceeded to say, "Hi" to everyone else he saw. My dear friend at the desk told us his teachers names and told us that Mrs. Betty LOVES huge. We happily walked to his classroom, peeked inside (he was the first one there), and said hi to his 2 teachers. Mrs. Betty was sitting at the table, and I was dumbfounded as I watched K-man run into the classroom and throw his arms around Mrs. Betty, whom he had never met in his life. I stood in the doorway for a minute, waiting for him to come back and say bye, but he never did! He sat in Mrs. Betty's lap, played with the toys she showed him, and GIGGLED WITH GLEE!!

I closed the door and walked away...literally speechless. When I picked him up, he RAN into my arms and told me all about how Jesus stopped the storm by saying, "Quiet...Be Still." Then, we went to visit some of my other friends in the church. He gave hugs to everyone, sang songs, told jokes, shouted "Roll Tide!" Haha...I was almost tearful as I watched...didn't quite know whether to laugh or cry!!

What an amazing day we have had, and I must give credit where credit is due - to the God of the universe, who is both infinitely powerful and intimately concerned about the things with which our hearts wrestle. If you've not seen a miracle unfold before your eyes lately, I hope you'll be able to stand in awe with me at the mighty, loving God we serve. Hallelujah!


"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly 
than all that we ask or think, 
according to the power at work within us, 
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus 
throughout all generations, 
forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21

3 comments:

  1. These stories are so precious and inspiring. I love your raw, open honesty and your heartfelt commitment to this ministry. Please, please keep writing about your experiences. Did you know that there is a name for what you are doing with K-man? Educators call this tactic 'social stories' and they have been proven to be very effective in working with special needs. You could also take pictures of people he will meet ahead of time and show them to him and say, "we will see this person today and her name is ____." Great, great job! Praise the Lord for his abundant faithfulness to you and your wee family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear of your awesome day! The only problem is you have him cheering for the wrong team! ;)
    -Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo wonderful!! Bless his sweet little heart. God sees and answers. Your preparing made a huge difference!
    I have been following your story for awhile. We are in the process of adoption in our state and having been waiting and waiting on a referral. Now the Lord seems to be nudging me (not my husband yet!)toward foster care. I know there are so many in need of a home. We'll continue to pray for an open door as God leads.
    Thank you for being so open and sharing your story. :)

    ReplyDelete