Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Braids...

They came out tonight. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but thank goodness my friend, Stephanie, was here to lend a hand and some words of experience. I hope Zizi's mom doesn't hate me for taking them out. I think I'll write her another note to explain the fact that they were dotted with apple sauce and cottage cheese.

This was something I had been prepared for many times by many people, but I totally underestimated the challenge of caring for her hair. Tomorrow I am investing in a shower cap for meal time. We'll see how that goes. Maybe if I'm lucky, I won't have to wash it again until after her court date on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. I am dying laughing at this... I've been there! I finally resorted to two cute little pom poms or headbands.
    And even then, I could never get that part as straight as her grandmother-- she always came back with her hair re-worked!
    Hang in there. .. and try the pom poms! :)

    (p.s. this is Terry -- Pam's friend from MV). I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just picture you putting a shower cap on little Zizi for meal time. So funny, but what a great idea!
    -Katrina

    ReplyDelete