Friday, March 11, 2011

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child...

...does not apply to foster parenting.

Poor Zizi woke up at 9:30 this morning...went to visit her mom at 10:45...returned at 2:50, taking small cat naps throughout that time in the car seat.

Then, I tried to keep her awake until the DFACS case worker arrived. She was supposed to be here at 3pm. At 3:45, I gave up and put her down for a nap. At 4pm, DFACS arrived and had to see Zizi and undress her to make sure she was not being mistreated. Zizi had not fallen asleep yet, so we went and did just that. (sidenote...Zizi hates nothing more than being undressed and changed). After we undressed her, I saw Zizi do something brand new...she clung to me like her life depended on it. She would not go to that DFACS worker. She has had it with today and wants to get some sleep!

DFACS left at 4:30pm. My husband and I wanted to go on a walk and take the stroller. Too bad neither of us could figure out how it worked. At 5pm, my husbandwent up to try one more time to put her down for a nap, but at 5:15, we have finally thrown in the towel.

Poor baby...she's going to be fussy for the next 2 hours until bed. Too bad my mom's on her way in town as we speak to babysit tonight. Pray for a restful night and some normalcy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment