Thursday, March 10, 2011

So much better

A sweet friend sent me an e-mail a couple of nights ago in the midst of my meltdown, which said, "May God give you exactly what you need moment by moment as you love on the beautiful baby girl I was privileged to meet." What a sweet prayer and how amazing it has been to see it answered time and time again. Last night, Zizi slept 13.5 hours. This morning she's been sleeping for 13 and counting. Yesterday afternoon, her transporter (doesn't that sound like some sort of UFO or something??) picked her up and took her to a Family Team Meeting, so I had about 4 hours in the afternoon to go shopping for a few things I really did need after all and get things organized at home.


This was good for a couple of reasons:


1. I needed some time to think and get my head wrapped around all of this.
2. I missed Zizi!! Missing her for those few hours was such a neat way for the Lord to reenergize me for her return.


Since then, we've had a great time. We visited the church last night, where Zizi made tons of new friends. Then we went home and went right to sleep. This morning, I was hoping to take her to special children's music program at church called "Tiny Tots and Tunes," but I think sleep is a much higher priority. Later today, we're going to have lunch with my office and possibly visit my husband's office. Then, we have the whole evening free to PLAY!


Before I go, let me share one more sweet God moment that happened yesterday. I had planned to attend the Family Team Meeting with Zizi, our agency case worker, Zizi's mom, Zizi's mom's case worker, and tons of other people involved in the case. Unfortunately, the weather was terrible, and my nerves got the best of me, so I stayed home. We did, however, send this note to Zizi's mom:


Dear Ms. ___________________,
     We really with that we could be at the meeting today to meet the woman who has raised such a sweet, beautiful little girl! Unfortunately, the weather has prevented us from being there, but if we were in your shoes, we would want to know a little bit about the people taking care of our child.
     We want you to know that we are praying for you through this whole process. We don't know a lot about the situation, and we don't care to know. We are here to support you by taking care of [Zizi] and loving her to the best of our ability.
     We are simply here to be servants during a difficult time. Know that we love you and your daughter and are praying for you both often.
Much love,
[Zizi's] foster parents


I didn't know if the note would even get to her amidst the hussle and bussle of the meeting, but later that night, when I was flipping through Zizi's diaper bag, I found this note:


Dear Mr. and Mrs. _______________,
     I, [mother's name], am thankful for you and please keep us in your prayers.
Thank you,
    [mother's name]


We are really praying that the Lord will use us to minister, not only to this sweet girl, but to her mom as well. Please join us in praying about that.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment